Job Title: NC PEM Machine Operator
Reports to: Second Shift Supervisor
Shift: 2nd Shift
General Summary: Responsible for the fabrication of sheet metal products to customer specifications assuring that Pro Metal Work’s products and services meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Set-up and Operate the NC PEM Machines (Single or Multi Feed) based on the type of PEM style fasteners required for the product being run; upload and execute programs as required to make customer products
· Read Blue Prints – Understand isometric and orthographic projections being able to clearly identify the type and number of PEM style fasteners required by product being run.
· Read and use a digital caliper, height gauge, protractor and other inspection equipment
· Validate parts meet customer specifications, 1st piece and in-process verification
· Achieve an exemplary level of quality performance with the goal of Zero Defects
· Can lift 50 lbs.
· Can stand continuous for scheduled work shift
· Meet productivity expectations for products run, demonstrating excellent hand/eye coordination
· Operate in a safe manner
· Demonstrate reliability through outstanding punctuality and attendance
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Ability to read blue prints
Ability to use fundamental inspection equipment
Good organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Previous PEM Insertion experience preferred but will train a candidate who possess good mechanical aptitude, is reliable, has a desire to learn how to set-up and productively run NC equipment and is committed to outstanding quality and safety performance.
Work independently or in a team in a self-directed work environment
2nd Shift – M-Th 3:55pm to 2:25am (1/2hr unpaid lunch) (15 min paid break)
Description of physical working environment:
· Clean, well lit, air-conditioned metal fabrication shop utilizing the latest industry equipment