Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Reports to: Quality Manager
Shift: 1st Shift
General Summary: Responsible for the execution of Pro Metal Works, Inc. Quality Management System to insure our products and services meet or exceed customer expectations and that we adopt and demonstrate a business culture of continual improvement.
· Build morale through effective peer to peer relationships being a positive resource for all employees. Treat employees on both shifts with dignity and respect always.
· Foster a “What’s Right” not “Who’s Right” culture.
· Work effectively with 1st Shift Leadership focusing on the effective use of our Quality Management System with the end goal of improving customer satisfaction and reducing costs through Continual Improvement.
· Approve start of production runs by verifying “1st Piece” inspections performed by shop floor.
· Perform in-process inspections.
· Perform receiving inspection on incoming raw material, purchased components and subcontracted processes.
· Performs auditing of finished product.
· Support the creation of inspection files for the Flat Laser Scanner to allow for automated verification of flat part blanks.
· Support the review of new and revised part drawings for product and verification requirements.
· Actively supports the maintenance of a documented quality system, including a quality manual and procedures that are compliant with customer requirements and those of ISO 9001-2015.
· Supports the corrective action process (8D Problem Solving), including the dispositioning of nonconforming product and implementation of permanent corrective action to address root cause.
· Train employees in their responsibilities for product verification and successful use of our quality management system or other areas of job performance using industry experience.
· Continual Improvement Projects as identified and directed. Such as but not limited to Press Brake Setup Sheets, Packaging Specifications, Part Verification Sheets, ISO implementation, 5S and Job Safety Analysis.
· Perform Capability Studies as needed.
· Perform Internal Audits in support of the Quality Management System.
· Support effective calibration of measurement devices.
· Can lift 50 lbs.
· Can stand continuous for up to 9 hours.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Good organizational, verbal, written skills.
Outstanding interpersonal skills demonstrated in ongoing peer to peer relationships.
Demonstrated experience in the metal fabrication industry.
Proficiency in basic computer skills and applications including Microsoft Office.
Working knowledge of problem solving (8D) and continuous improvement using fundamentals from our Quality Management System.
Preference will be given to candidate with previous experience who is looking for progressively increasing responsibility in Quality Assurance as career.
Areas of Responsibility: As outlined above and defined by the scope below.
Scope of Responsibility:
This position does not carry with it any supervisory, disciplinary or budgetary responsibility.
If questions arise, final recommendations of 1st piece acceptance and subsequent in process verifications will be made by the Quality Assurance Technician and the Quality Manager.
Unless otherwise directed by the Quality Manager scope of responsibility and employee interaction will be focused on 1st shift personnel.
Chain of Leadership shall be followed and preserved while performing this role. In this case through the Quality Manager.
Ideas for overall improvements for the Quality Management System shall be presented to the Quality Manager. This position may be asked to help action and verify implementation of the improvement idea.
Monday thru Thursday 6:30am to 4:00pm (1/2hr unpaid lunch) and Friday 6:30am to 10:30am
Description of physical working environment:
· Clean, well lit, air-conditioned metal fabrication shop utilizing the latest industry equipment.